1. Tunney was brought up in a working class family (her father was a car salesman and her mother picked up shifts as a bartender) on Chicago’s South Side.
2. The acting industry is tough business, and Tunney isn’t afraid to stand up for herself. When producer Harvey Weinstein praised her talent, she pluckily replied, “Harvey, why don’t you ever give me a job?” Ouch!
3. Tunney has a known weakness for expert massages and facials. Take us with you! Pretty please?
4. While Tunney admits that there’s always pressure to fit a particular beauty ideal, she told Women’s Health that she “admires women who have been able to keep their faces real and haven’t succumbed to too much stuff.” The actress herself happens to have a soft spot for her freckles.
5. As someone who’s been in showbiz for upwards of two decades, Tunney has had her fair share of strange fan encounters. She told Bullz-Eye.com, “I was in Texas, and this woman started sobbing when she saw me the day after I died on the show [Prison Break]. It was like I’d awoken from the dead! And I was, like, ‘It’s okay, it wasn’t real, it wasn’t real,’ but she was crying and…it was really strange!” Can you say awkward?
Up next: The deets on ‘The Mentalist’ team and Tunney’s engagement!