11. While she was working as a model in Paris, she supported her mother in Ukraine.
12. Olga married French photographer Cedric van Mol, who was nine years older than her, when she was 20. They had been friends beforehand, but they ended up divorcing after two years.
13. However, the marriage qualified Olga for a French passport, allowing her to travel freely in the West without the need of visas. She officially became a French citizen in 2001.
14. Her first acting gig was in Seal’s 2003 music video for the song “Love’s Divine.”
15. She won the certificate of excellent award at the 2006 Brooklyn International Film Festival for her first film role in L’Annulaire. She also made a splash in the anthology film Paris, je t’aime, in the segment “Quartier de la Madeleine” alongside Elijah Wood.
Above: Olga at the 2012 Venice International Film Festival.
Up next: What she doesn’t do on the first date and more!