1. Jennifer Shrader Lawrence was born on August 15, 1990. That makes her 23 years old. (And it makes the rest of us feel REALLY old.)
2. She’s from Kentucky—Louisville, to be exact. Her mother, Karen, runs a summer camp for kids there, and her father, Gary, used to run a construction business (he sold it a number of years ago). She also has two older brothers, Ben and Blaine, who still live there.
3. Jennifer is sort of the black sheep in her family (though a much-loved one!): Growing up, most of their activities were related to sports and athletics.
4. Her nickname growing up? “Nitro”—because she was always so hyper. We prefer to think of it as “energetic.”
5. She graduated from high school not one, but two years early so that she could pursue acting. Smartypants!
Above: Jennifer as Katniss in 2012′s The Hunger Games.
Up next: How she landed her first gig!