Ooh la la! Jessica’s stunning Oscars 2012 look.
14. Speaking of Grandma: Grandma knows best! She took Jess to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat when she was just 7 years old, sparking the early acting bug in her.
15. Moving to NYC to attend Juilliard was a scary experience for Jessica. She often refers to it as a culture shock and was homesick her first week there.
16. Jessica is the first person in her family to attend college.
17. When she was a senior at Juilliard, Jessica was spotted in an acting showcase by The West Wing producer John Wells and signed on for a 12-month holding deal. Talk about a lucky break!
18. You may have spotted her in guest appearances on shows like Veronica Mars and Law & Order: Trial by Jury.
19. Jessica considered herself too nerdy to play ditzy Celia in The Help, so she read the book multiple times and studied Marilyn Monroe’s vocal inflection to prep for the part.
Jessica with Octavia Spencer in ‘The Help.’
20. What embarrasses Jess the most? Having ‘Happy Birthday’ sung to her!
21. Her hobbies include playing songs by Radiohead and The Flaming Lips on her ukulele.
22. For Halloween once, Jess dressed as Spock from Star Trek. Live long and prosper.
23. Jessica’s unofficial publicist and mentor? Actor Al Pacino, who cast her in the 2006 stage production of Salome by Oscar Wilde.
24. Chastain says loved her The Help co-star Bryce Dallas Howard, praising her for being “really cool and beautiful.”
25. The Guardian is now proclaiming Chastain to be the next Meryl Streep. All we can say is, there are worse people to be compared to!
Heather Taylor is a regular contributor to BettyConfidential.