14. At one point in high school, she decided to be a Goth instead. However, as she told People, “I wasn’t mopey enough. I’d pretend to be, but I’d end up making people laugh.”
15. In high school she also ran track and played tennis. But she always worried about her weight. She told Lifescript, “All through high school, I was in a panic about my weight… I was a [size] 4/6, but I didn’t look like the girls still shaped like eighth-grade boys. To me, that meant I was heavy.”
16. Melissa wasn’t a theatre major. She studied textiles and fashion at the Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. She left college at the age of 20 and moved to New York City to become a stand up comedian.
17. Melissa still sews and is thinking about coming out with a line of curvy girl clothing. “Trying to find stuff that’s still fashion-forward in my size is damn near impossible,” she told The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s either for like a 98-year-old woman or a 14-year-old hooker, and there is nothing in the middle.”
18. Before Bridesmaids came out she was asked about the film. She said, “It’s one of the funniest things I’ve done in my life.”
19. When Melissa auditioned for her role in Mike & Molly, she was eight-and-half months pregnant!
20. Melissa is working out doing the new Hollywood sport: Piloxing. It’s a combination of boxing and pilates.
21. She’s only appeared with her cousin Jenny once, in an early episode of the Jenny McCarthy Show.
22. Ryan Reynolds, Hope Davis and Melissa all co-starred in the 2007 drama/fantasy The Nines.
23. Melissa’s obsessed with Big Lots! She told host, Chelsea Handler on her show, Chelsea Lately, that, “I love Big Lots. I’m not ashamed of it. I love people watching and strange people watching…so I’d go and watch. Every time I went, I would buy a hose. Then my husband told me ‘we have 14 hoses.’ I’d buy framed art there and leave it on the doorsteps of my friends’ houses.”
24. When filming the movie Bridesmaids, she kept trying to make Rose Byrne laugh and blow her lines. (She succeeded a lot!)
25. She knew the cast of Bridesmaids for 10 years; they were all members of the Groundlings. They would do improv skits together when they were all starting out in the industry.
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.