1. Noomi Noren was born on December 28, 1979. That makes her 32 years old.
2. She was married to Swedish actor Ola Rapace from 2001 to 2011. Ola’s original surname is Norrell—when the two of them got married, they chose jointly to take the name Rapace. It means “bird of prey” in French. They have a son together, Lev, who was born in 2003.
3. It’s pronounced “Noh-mee Re-PAHSS,” by the way. Just, y’know, in case it seems a little difficult.
4. Performing is in her blood. Her mother, Nina Noren, is a Swedish actress, and her father, Rogelio Duran, was a Spanish Flamenco singer. She never met her biological father, though, and he unfortunately passed away in 2006.
5. She was born in Sweden—in Hudiksvall, to be exact—but moved with her mother and her step father to Iceland when she was five. They came back to Sweden after three years.
Above: Noomi as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish-language version of ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.’
Up next: Noomi’s chidhood hobbies and more!