21. Her favorite musical artists include Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and Debby Ryan.
22. The most difficult thing about acting for Quvenzhane is a technical issue: Lines. She says it’s hard because “you have to remember all the lines—and sometimes, they have long lines, so you’ve just got to keep catching up.” Don’t worry, Nazie—it gets easier!
23. She names Bella Thorne as one of her favorite fashionistas.
24. As for her future career? She’s just kind of taking it as it comes. When asked about it by Deadline, she shyly answered, “Um, I don’t know, really.” Her mom added, “We just stumbled upon the industry with the blessing that’s been given us. She has no clue what an Oscar was. I take her, and I show her and say, ‘This is what they’re talking about.’ All this”—meaning the posh surroundings, recognition, and so on—“is nice, but we have to stay focused on reality.” Wise words!
25. We can, however, look forward to seeing her onscreen again soon—her next film, Twelve Years a Slave with Michael Fassbender and Paul Giamatti, is currently in post-production.
We wish Quvenzhane the best of luck as awards season marches on!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.