25 Things About Zooey Deschanel
Here’s 25 little known and cool facts about ‘New Girl’ star Zooey Deschanel. Like she does a mean chipmunk imitation and can tap dance too!
How can anyone help having a major girl crush on Zooey Deschanel? Her ultra-feminine style, long locks, and enchanting blue eyes are enough to make just about any gal do a little Google Images stalking. But this 31-year-old isn’t all good looks and frilly dresses: she’s enjoying a shining star of a career and a happy home life with her hubby, Ben Gibbard.
Zooey has appeared or starred in more than two dozen films, is the ‘She’ in the successful band She & Him, and serves as the face of Rimmel London. Did we mention that she’s married to the Death Cab for Cutie front man?
And now, as the star of brand new series, New Girl, we think it’s totally relevant to indulge in our Zooey obsession with a list of 25 facts you might not know about this quirky star.
1. J.D. Salinger fans, take note: Zooey was named after the author’s male protagonist in Franny and Zooey.
2. Papa Deschanel was a successful cinematographer, which meant that young Zooey spent countless hours on the sets of films like The Right Stuff and Being There.
3. Though she’s an incredible actress, Zooey told Health magazine, “Writing music is my favorite thing to do.”
4. Forget ordering out: for dinner parties, the blue-eyed beauty often serves guests homemade pesto!
5. You can add tap dancing to this star’s already extensive resume: she took six years of it.
6. Because her family traveled frequently, Zooey had a hard time making friends when she was a child.
7. The professional songstress got her first karaoke machine in high school, but only started going public with her pretty vocals about seven years ago. The reason? Despite being famous, Zooey is actually pretty shy!
8. Gigi, Singin’ in the Rain, Meet Me in St. Louis, The Wizard of Oz, and The Sound of Music are a few of the old musicals she considers her inspirations.
9. Zooey has something extra special to look forward to this Christmas, and it won’t be waiting under the tree: her band will release their very first holiday record later this year. She tweeted, “Been working on it a while! I’m super pumped about it!”
10. If you’re lucky enough to buddy up with Zooey, just don’t take her to a bar–the actress doesn’t drink.
11. Oh, and we should also mention she’s allergic to dairy, eggs, and wheat gluten. Maybe you should take her shopping instead.
12. A tip for the guys: Zooey loves the Beach Boys, so if you’re out to impress, you might want to carry iPod speakers with you.
Who’s Zooey’s famous big sis and more up next!