14. Try a new winter activity such as ice skating, snowboarding, or skiing. When you lose your footing, tell the cutie nearby you’re a beginner and could use some helpful pointers.
15. Check out the upcoming events at your local bookstore. If an author or guest speaker is making an upcoming appearance, go. You may meet someone with a similar bookshelf collection as you.
16. Try a beginner’s yoga class. You’ll be surprised at how many straight guys will be trying it out as well. Sometimes after the session, people will hang around to chat and exchange numbers – be one of those people.
17. Since the holidays are all about food, take a cooking class if you’re a novice in the kitchen. You never know if a single, male foodie will be there brushing up on his skills.
18. Spend an unusually long amount of time picking out cards in the greeting card aisle. After all, everyone needs to send some holiday cheer, and some lucky guy may be doing just that at the same time you are.
19. You need more Christmas lights, a new shovel, a lightbulb. Think of any reason why you need to go to the hardware store, and get your butt over there. Go to every one in town until you find exactly what you’re looking for – a hot date.
20. ‘Tis the season of giving, so why don’t you join a local charity or volunteer for a good cause? You’re bound to meet nice, like-minded guys who care about giving back.
21. Time for a girl’s night out! Get all dolled up and hit the town with your best girlies. Just remember, three is the perfect number when partying in groups, as guys will be less intimidated to approach you, because your two other friends can talk amongst themselves.
22. Chill out at your local bakery filled with sweets and goodies. Order something to satisfy your sweet tooth, and take a seat. Don’t bring a book or your laptop, just sit, enjoy and see who walks in.
23. Take a stroll down the center of town where all the holiday action is happening. Gaze at the decorated windows, the festive Christmas lights, and the beautiful tree. You never know who may love this time of year just as much as you.
24. Take a weekend trip to visit a friend in another town, city, or state. Tell them you want to see everything that makes where they live so great, and enjoy your friend-guided tour. Hint that you’re interested in seeing where the single scene is, too.
25. Last but not least, ask your friends to set you up! There’s no shame in spreading the word that you are ready to meet the man of your dreams. If your friends care about you, they’ll be more than happy to help you find him, so you can have a very happy holiday and an unforgettable New Year!
Tell us: do you have other ideas about how to meet a guy this holiday season?
Faye Brennan is assistant editor at BettyConfidential.