3 Tips For A Beyonce Butt
Exercising for the best booty
Butt, rump, bum, caboose, tush, rear, cheeks, buns, onion, hindquarters, apple bottom, badonkadonk or big ol’ behind.
Whatever you call it, Beyonce’s got it.
And for the most part, you probably don’t and wish that yours was a bit smaller, bigger, higher or tighter.
While it’s true that we do get the bone structure of our hips and the shape of our glutes from our mama (and papa), the good news is that exercise can help change the size and tone of our posterior.
So what can you do to become ‘Crazy In Love’ with your butt?
Here are three great exercises to ‘Upgrade U’ and your two friends back there too.
1. Single-Leg Squat
Believe it or not, a chair or sofa is the perfect piece of furniture to strengthen your lower body … you just have to get your butt up out of it first! The single-leg squat does just that – it tests your ability to get out of your seated position by only using one leg. It helps to strengthen the quads and glutes while improving the stability of your ankle, knee and hip. The single-leg squat is an awesome challenge to work on at home, outside, or at the gym.
The Set-Up and Execution:
• Sit at the edge of your chair or sofa
• Sit up tall with your toes parallel, feet hip-width apart and knees at a 90-degree angle
• Raise your LEFT foot off the floor, hovering about 3 inches above the ground
• Shift your weight into the RIGHT heel and extend both arms out straight
• Push down on your RIGHT heel and slowly stand up without touching your LEFT foot down.
• Keep your abs drawn-in and don’t let your knee dive inward throughout the motion
• At the very top, take a second to contract the RIGHT glute
• Slowly lower your hips back down towards the chair or sofa
• Do not crash down as you land softly and repeat
Aim for 5 to 10 repetitions on one leg in a row before switching.
The higher and more firm the chair or sofa, the easier the exercise becomes.