5 Quick and Easy Detox Tips for Spring
Use these simple techniques to jumpstart your weight loss today.
Eating dark chocolate to lose weight? Believe it or not, that’s one of leading nutritionist and lifestyle expert Marissa Lippert’s detoxing tips in her new book, The Cheater’s Diet: The Sneaky Secrets to Losing Up to 20 Pounds in 8 Weeks Eating (and Drinking) Everything You Love.
If you’ve just ordered your first bathing suit and are feeling the pressure to tone up, implement Marissa’s following 5 tips to start slimming down A.S.A.P.
1. Eat your greens. “Beets and cruciferous veggies like broccoli, brussels sprouts and cauliflower are great for releasing toxins,” says Marissa. “Also, green tea is loaded with antioxidants and a bit of caffeine, a cleansing alternative to other calorie-dense or sweetened beverages. Try a cup or two in the morning and afternoon – any flavor.”
2. Use fruits to fight water weight. “Citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruits, lemon, tangerines, etc.) are excellent for jumpstarting a sluggish digestive system and wringing out excess water. Cucumbers, artichokes and asparagus also serve as light natural diuretics and come into season in mid-to-late spring.”
3. Beat the bloat. “Help bust inflammation and bloating with healthy omega-3 fats including avocado, wild salmon and walnuts for a toned stomach by summer.”
4. Don’t be afraid of chocolate. “Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and rich, indulgent flavor. You’ll knock out that sweet fix in just 2 or 3 squares and leave behind a lot of extra, empty calories while curbing sugar and carb cravings.”
5. Liquids are your BFFs. “Grab water, and lots of it, to help flush the body of toxins and bump up energy. Green, black or herbal unsweetened iced tea, seltzer or water flavored with lime, lemon or cucumber & mint counts too! Swig back at least 1.5 liters per day or up to about 3 liters.”
Tell us: what’s your motivation to slim down for spring?
Faye Brennan is assistant editor at BettyConfidential.