5 Ways to Wear White
White may be a cool color, but it’s a sizzling trend!
White can be cool. White can be sexy. White’s no longer just for summer, we’ve seen celebs like Halle Berry, Rachel McAdams and Rachel Bilson wear white on the red carpet for quite awhile. The rest of us are going to start wearing white after Memorial Day (our moms would smack us if we wore it before that day).
How to wear it? You can wear all white, or white with a pop of color. Take AnnaLynne McCord: she wore a white blazer, white top with denim shorts, red shoes and jewelry and a neutral bag and it works. So, to make white pop even more more, add pops of color with accessories to your outfit.
When choosing white, remember that there are dozens of shades of white: from arctic to a creamy almost yellow white. For maximum impact, make sure your whites match.
1. L.A.M.B. Valley white enamel bangle bracelet watch ($200, endless.com)
2. V-neck stretch mesh paneled dress ($795, us.burberry.com)
3. Elliott Lucca Milana woven leather shoulder bag ($128, nordstrom.com)
4. Salvatore Ferragamo Davina sandals ($495, couture.zappos.com)
5. Lia Sophia riveting bracelet ($160, liasophia.us)
Style note: To keep things modern and chic, think minimalism. Keep the lines, the style, clean and unfussy.
1. Binary top ($68, anthropologie.com)
2. Vintage Havana linen linen capri ($39.50, piperlime.com)
3. Crinkled patent leather wedge slingback ($25, charlotterusse.com)
4. Rib knit tank ($3.50, forever21.com)
5. City Bound foldover convertible cross body ($55.30, ninewest.com)
6. Dreamy paisley waist sash ($24.99, talbots.com)
Style Note: Don’t be afraid to play with color, you don’t have to be matchy-matchy. Layering is a great way to play with color. Wear the tank under the Binary top. Use scarves as belts or a headband.
1. Lace scoop neck top ($16.99, wetseal.com)
2. Naven Monroe shorts ($110, singer22.com)
3. Elysee fashion sport chronograph ($395, elyseeusa.com)
4. Jaclyn Smith Swinger two-tone hat ($6.99, kmart.com)
5. Steve Madden Cabezza ($80, piperlime.com)
Style Note: Boho looks can combine classic tailoring with romantic flowy designs. Or whatever you want to combine for a look. Think 60s hippies, but chicer.
White for work and date night up next!