7 Healthy Lunches
Make-ahead recipes from an A-list nutrition program.
When you enroll in Live In Fitness Enterprise (L.I.F.E.), in Marina del Rey, California, you’re making a big commitment. Clients move into the program’s “weight-loss camp” for at least four weeks and meet daily with nutritionists, therapists and trainers. If you can’t spare the time but still want to start the New Year eating right, L.I.F.E. president Eric Viskovicz, a personal trainer who has worked with celebrities like Jessica Biel, suggests you try the following dishes, taken directly from L.I.F.E.’s kitchen:
DAY ONE: Beef with Broccoli Lo Mein (serves one)
2 ounces lo mein noodles (dry)
1 cup broccoli
4 ounces flank steak
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
1. Fill ¾ large pot with water; bring water to a boil.
2. Place noodles in boiling water for 5-6 minutes (cooking times may vary; see package instructions); drain and set aside.
3. Steam broccoli.
4. Slice flank steak against the grain ¼ inch thick.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
6. Combine soy, oyster, and hoisin sauce and set aside.
7. In saucepan sauté flank steak over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes (2 minutes each side)
8. Pour sauce mix into saucepan, cook over medium heat for 1 minute, then add cooked broccoli and cooked noodles. Stir well and cook for additional minute.
DAY TWO: Buffalo Chicken Salad (serves one)
4 ounces chicken breast
1 teaspoon basil (dry)
1 teaspoon parsley (dry)
1 teaspoon salt
2 ounces hot sauce (optional)
4 ounces bread crumbs
4 ounces chopped romaine lettuce
¼ cup carrots (shredded)
2 ounces cheddar cheese (low fat)
2 ounces light dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season chicken breast with basil, parsley, salt, and hot sauce (optional).
3. Coat well with bread crumbs.
4. Bake chicken breast in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and let stand. Chop lettuce.
6. Combine lettuce and carrots in bowl; top with chicken and cheddar cheese.
7. Add dressing.