3. Brad still hasn’t shaved off his bushy beard. If there is one thing that is designed to annoy a partner, exacerbate bad feelings and cause a split, it is fugly facial hair.
4. They didn’t attend the Golden Globes or SAG awards together. Even though Brad’s movie Inglourious Basterds was nominated (and won a SAG award for Best Ensemble Performance), the couple didn’t attend. Sure, Angelina wasn’t nominated for anything, but why not show support for her man? And I do recall that Angelina did the award show circuit in 2007, even though her mom, Marcheline, was in the final stage of her fight against ovarian cancer. Meanwhile, HollywoodLife.com is reporting that the couple is set to attend the Oscars together, and are even planning their outfits for the March 7 event. I’m not going to hold my breath…
5. While Brad appeared at the Help For Haiti telethon on Friday night, Angelina didn’t. Yes, the pair donated a million dollars in the wake of the January 12 earthquake, but Angelina and Brad are both close friends of Haitian Wyclef Jean and Angelina is the most high-profile humanitarian in Hollywood. Her absence from the telethon (and Jennifer Aniston’s presence) is perplexing.
6. Where is Angelina? There were reports over the weekend that Angelina didn’t attend the SAGs or appear on the telethon because she was in New York, shooting a Vanity Fair cover, but a rep for the magazine told Us yesterday, “The reports from this weekend are incorrect.”
7. Angelina isn’t big on fidelity. In a December interview with German magazine Das Neue, Angelina reportedly said: “I doubt fidelity is absolutely essential for a relationship.” She added, “Neither Brad nor I have ever claimed that living together means being chained together. We make sure that we never restrict each other.” Is it just me or is this scarily similar to the interview that Brad gave to Vanity Fair in 2004, just months before he split with Jennifer Aniston, when he said: “I’m not sure it really is in our nature to be with someone for the rest of our lives, just because we made this pact. You keep going as long as you keep growing. When that dies, we do.”
Tell us: Do you think Brad and Angelina are headed for Splitsville?
Kathy Campbell is BettyConfidential’s Executive Managing Editor.