Betty on The News
Betty on The News: Top Stories
Kevin Jonas gets engaged, Mississippi is fattest state, the latest Michael Jackson developments and more
-The Betty Editors
1. We can practically hear the hearts of teens and tweens everywhere breaking with news that another of the Jonas Brothers is officially off the market. Kevin Jonas, 21, yesterday announced his engagement to girlfriend and former hairdresser Danielle Deleasa, 22. The lovebirds met while vacationing in the Bahamas in May 2007 when she says she had no idea who he or his famous brothers was.
“She said yes, yes, yes like 500 times super-fast in a row,” Jonas said of her response to his proposal, which he made on one knee after an overnight flight from Vancouver where he had just preformed. “”It was tough performing last night, knowing that I was going to ask the biggest question in my life to the most amazing girl in the world.”
Sounds like the lyrics to a great song. Hurry girls, just two Jonas Brothers left! (People)
2. Maybe it’s all that fattening mud pie that bears the state’s name, but poor Mississippi just can’t shake the distinction of being the nation’s fattest city. For five years running now The Magnolia State has retained its very heavyweight title for adults AND children: 31.7 percent of adults and 44.4 percent of children are obese. Other top fat states include West Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina. Colorado was deemed the fittest state. The south is sure pulling its weight. (CNN)
3. Read the latest news about Michael Jackson’s memorial and will.
4. Has Meghan McCain finally gotten her fill of ranting on Twitter – and then thinking better of it? Her next project: Searching for a leading lady to portray her in the big-screen version of her upcoming book (which she describes as “Primary Colors meets Tori Spelling’s sTori Telling“). The feisty blonde has yet to recruit the necessary people who could bring her wish to life, but that definitely hasn’t stopped her from daydreaming. Meghan is currently eyeing Hillary Duff and Bradley Cooper because, as she puts it, they are really “hot.” (Of course, no question who would play Palin!). (Newser.com)
5. Things just keep getting better for political wife Jenny Sanford, don’t they? Dishonorable South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford was only kidding when he conveyed to the world that he’s a two-woman man – he’s now singing an entirely different tune. This morning Sanford not only told The Associated Press that he met with his Argentine mistress more than a few times, but that he has “crossed lines” — though not the “ultimate” line – with numerous women. Although Sanford refused to comment on what he considers to be the definitive line, it’s probably safe to say he pulled a Monica Lewinsky with more than one of his ladies. (Huffington Post)