Budget Beauty: Best Fall Products Under $25
My 12 favorite new budget beauty cheapies. Get glam for less – from gorgeous hair to perfectly kissable lip.
-Lois Joy Johnson
Let’s get one thing straight. There is no beauty hit squad rifling through your bag or beauty cabinet to expose how much you spend – or don’t – on your looks. Once you’re done no one knows if you’re wearing Maybelline or Yves Saint Laurent, Avon or ReVive; whether you bathe in Jo Malone or Bath and Body Works … except you.
Here’s a crash course in beauty economics for every Betty on a budget now with my top 12 new product picks for fall:
1. For crispy, frizzed, FRIED HAIR: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3 Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment ($5.99, drugstore.com)
This ultra-rich cream with finely ground apricot seeds, olive, avocado and shea oils turns trashed color-treated hair to silk by the time you step out of the shower.
2. For flaky, crusty, END OF SUMMER SKIN: Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Moisturizing Cream ($12.72, drugstores)
A giant 16-ounce tub of vitamins, omega 3 to build up the skin’s barrier, glycerin, shea butter and petrolatum that targets elbows, knees, and heels too.
3. For MAKEUP LOVERS: Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser ($6.99, drugstores)
A moisturizing, oil-free, soy-rich foam that dissolves face makeup and is even gentle enough to remove undereye concealer.
4. For STRESS BREAKOUTS: Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment ($5.99, drugstores)
This gel works well under makeup too with two percent salicylic acid and glycolic acid (an AHA) to promote cell turnover. Dot on problem areas one to three times a day.
5. For SLEEPLESS NIGHTS: mark Light Bright Lighten & Depuff Eye Gel ($8, meetmark.com)
An eye opener with cooling, soothing kiwi and cucumber.