Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
Kate Hudson and A-Rod still going strong, Jon Gosselin has moved on already, supermodels have cellulite too and more
-Kathy Campbell and Carolyn French
1. Just three weeks after his wife, Kate, filed for divorce, father of eight Jon Gosselin stepped out in the south of France hand-in-hand with a new woman-one who he claimed was a family friend back in May.
The 32-year-old was photographed over the weekend with Hailey Glassman, the daughter of the doctor who performed Kate’s tummy tuck.
Jon was previously seen with Hailey and her mother, Lauren, in Newburgh, NY, on Memorial Day and claimed to People magazine that the two women were “family friends.”
On Saturday, Hailey, 22, and Jon were seen smoking cigarettes together in St. Tropez and drinking champagne aboard fashion designer, and Ed Hardy executive, Christian Audigier‘s yacht.
Jon was wearing a T-shirt by the designer and TMZ is reporting that Audigier has offered Jon a job. (US magazine)
2. Step Up stars Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan tied the knot on Saturday in a fairytale wedding in Malibu.
The bride, 28, wore a Reem Acra gown and her 29-year-old groom donned Giorgio Armani for the 15-minute outdoor ceremony at a private estate overlooking the ocean.
The wedding featured a fairy theme with a sit-down reception in a tent decorated with thousands of roses, hydrangeas and orchids in red, fuchsia and blush tones. The wedding cake was shaped as a magic castle filled with fairies in several flavors including red velvet, chocolate with chocolate fudge and white with “funfetti” frosting.
Guests included Marlon Wayans, maid of honor Entourage star Emmanuelle Chriqui and bridesmaid Haylie Duff, who attended with her boyfriend, Nick Zano. Also at the wedding was the producer of the 2006 movie Step Up (and So You Think You Can Dance judge), Adam Shankman, who Tweeted that the wedding was “unbelievably beautiful,” and added, “I’m so proud to have introduced them.”
He posted a pic of himself at the reception with Marlon, Haylie and Nick Zano. (People)
3. Here’s proof that no one is immune from the ravages of age and cellulite. Supermodel Elle Macpherson showed that her body isn’t what it used to be when she stepped out at a party in London.
While her Herve Leger minidress hugged her curves to perfection, it was her long legs that revealed the 46-year-old is starting to sag. The condition, known as creping, is caused by aging, which makes the skin less taut, and is more prevalent on people who have little fat on their bodies.
Surgeons who analyzed this picture for the Daily Mail said that the look of Elle’s leg in this photograph is worse because it captures the exact moment when the skin on her right thigh is moving over the leg muscle as the weight is transferred from her left to her right leg.
“It just goes to show that age gets the better of everyone,” said cosmetic surgeon Alex Karidis. (Daily Mail)
4. Production on a new NBC drama has been halted after one of its stars, Maura Tierney, fell ill.
The series, which is an updated version of the 1989 movie, was set to begin filming on July 27 but production has been postponed for eight weeks “due to medical evaluation that [Tierney] is undergoing,” NBC said. “We are unable to release further details and ask that you respect her privacy at this time.”
Maura is best known for playing Abby Lockhart on ER. Parenthood was set to premiere on September 23, but now another series – the medical drama Mercy – has been scheduled to take its place. (Hollywood Reporter)
5. Victoria Beckham is reportedly taking acting lessons in the hope she will land a role in the Sex and the City sequel.
The singer had turned down a role in the first film because she was in the middle of prepping for the Spice Girls reunion tour. Producers are rumored to be interested in casting Posh as a fashionista opposite Sarah Jessica Parker and co. (Daily Mail)
6. Alex Rodriquez’ career may be taking a bit of a nosedive – the Yankees lost three games over the weekend to the California Angels – but his love life is going strong! The baseball heavyweight and his current squeeze, Kate Hudson, still haven’t tired of each other’s company – an accomplishment in itself when you consider the stars’ track records. The twosome enjoyed a lavish bout of retail therapy at Barney’s New York in Beverly Hills, where they were permitted to try on outfits after the store had shut down for the day. Is this merely summer love, or has Kate found the one? Yankees fans, who have been less-than-impressed by A-Rod’s performance lately, are no doubt hoping she hasn’t. (RadarOnline)