Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. How … romantic? With fresh reports popping up every nanosecond that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are fighting like cats and dogs, are planning to spend the summer apart, and have been sleeping in separate bedrooms for months, the Changeling star has cooked up the cure for bringing these (fabricated?) tales to a standstill: Marriage.
“An aide sent them all the Press clippings about their ‘relationship problems’ and Angelina said it was probably best if they married to put an end to the stories,” a source relayed to the Daily Mirror. “Brad’s face lit up – he was thrilled.”
Poor Brad, it shouldn’t take a truckload of rumors to finally wrangle a concrete commitment out of Angie. Talk about tying-the-knot for all the wrong reasons. (Showbiz Spy)
2. Over the weekend Heidi Pratt was “convulsively throwing up” and had to be rushed to a hospital owning to a gastric ulcer. Now she and her husband, Spencer Pratt, are pointing fingers at NBC and are claiming they did little to help – even going so far as to say that the corporation tried to talk Heidi out of seeking medical treatment – for the sake of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! This came about a day and a night after the two were forced to stay in the ‘Lost Chamber’ as punishment for ditching the show time and again. They, along with Heidi‘s sister-in-law, allege that both food and water were not provided, which somehow led to a gastric ulcer. Someone care to explain this one? (TMZ)
3. Gearing up for the second leg of her Sticky and Sweet tour which kicks off in July, Madonna has released a compilation video of snippets from her travels. The black and white “Miles Away” jumps between clips of mesmerized fans, performance footage, and on-the-road shots. We think it’s a gem, what say you fellow Bettys? (PopSugar)
4. Oh how quickly they change their tune. Last month after the National Enquirer stirred the controversy pot for checking Brooke Shields‘s dementia-riddled mother out of a nursing home, the actress threatened legal action on top of initiating an investigation. Not wanting to be the bad guy, the mag has agreed to not publish a story, and will make a “generous” contribution that’ll go towards finding a cure for the disease. Just goes to show that you can’t mess with the Lipstick Jungle queen and get away with it! (PerezHilton)
5. Would we put it past her? Certainly not! Paris Hilton, who is known for her completely immodest antics, is being accused of having once participated in a girl-on-girl routine in Vegas. A woman named Elizabeth Jawhary claims that numerous wealthy men at an unspecified club would frequently pay to watch lovely ladies mess about, and one night Paris gave it a go. What’s more, Jawhary maintains that the heiress was offered $5,000 for a “private show,” although she never physically witnessed Hilton holding cash. Umm … that’s why they call it “private”! (New York Daily News)