Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. “To you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family.” It was a highly emotional Sunday evening at the BET Awards, as the entire show was affectionately dedicated to Michael Jackson. And while each and every presenter and performer was at the top of his or her game, the highlight of the night came when Janet Jackson took to the stage. The singer gave a brief yet powerful speech on behalf of her loved ones, thanking fans for their support and encouragement during this painful time. We couldn’t get through Janet‘s speech without bawling like a bunch of Betty babies, so therefore we’re putting you up to the challenge! (People)
2. After growing tired of doling out Playboy advice to airheaded hopefuls (Heidi Pratt!), big booty bombshell Kim Kardashian is giving music a go … and this isn’t a good-natured gag, much to our chagrin.
“I’d have to hear a song and feel it out and see if it’s something I’d sound good at,” she recently expressed. “I would like the music to sound a bit like Lady GaGa, Britney Spears and J.Lo with a bit of an R’n’B twist to it … Filming the video would be fun, that would be the best bit…”
Yeah, ‘cause we all know how much Miss Sex-Tape loves to get in the front of that camera. How about attempting to pen your own tunes, Kimmy? (Post Chronicle)
3. Mannequin much? Louis Vuitton‘s peeps definitely need to brush up on their airbrushing skills. Does this look like Madonna to you?! Where are the veins? What became of those ungodly bags under her weathered eyes? We are not impressed. (Celebitchy)
4. For someone who’s supposedly trying to stay on the wagon for a whole 30 seconds, celebrating in Vegas sounds a bit like backpedaling, doesn’t it? Lindsay Lohan had a pre-birthday-party party over the weekend in Sin City … sans Samantha Ronson. The spray on tan enthusiast doesn’t officially turn 23 until Thursday, but that’s LiLo, never one to turn down the opportunity to get jiggy and all. No word on whether or not the actress remained sober during her stint in Vegas, but it’s a tad suspicious that she just had to switch her outfit five freaking times on Saturday … (Las Vegas Sun)
5. It’s a girl! Ana Ortiz – who portrays Hilda Suarez on Ugly Betty – gave birth to a 7 lbs., 10 oz. baby on Saturday afternoon. The 38-year-old star told People that she and husband Noah Lebenzon took their time naming little Paloma Louise Lebenzon because they wanted to get to know her first. Ana was actually due last Thursday — it’s nice to see Paloma is already fashionably late! (Celebrity Baby Blog)