Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. Typically the living embodiment of cheery, it comes as quite a shock to read Queen Latifah‘s latest interview with Essence magazine. The quick-witted actress, who is hosting the BET Awards after-party on June 28, opens up about her abusive past in the July issue.
“He violated me,” Latifah said of her alleged abuser, a teen who watched her as a child. “I never told anybody; I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at an arm’s distance. I never really let a person get too close to me. I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue.”
Latifah found the courage to step forward with the information after the death of her brother, and while that is a devastating motivator we’re sure glad she has been able to unload this heavy burden. (Omg!)
2. Wedding rumors be gone. Just when we were getting used to the idea of Doug Reinhardt making an honest woman out of Paris Hilton, she goes and dumps him. Yep, the honeymoon is over folks (before it began), her rep even confirmed it (so you know it’s for reals). The most f-ed up part of this split is the fact that E! News had to break it to Reinhardt. Paris didn’t even tell him! What a brat. (New York Daily News)
3. Their own marriage may be on the rocks – depending on who you talk to – but Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz are outspoken supporters of same-sex matrimony. The couple lent their time to campaign NOH8, in response to the Supreme Court’s ruling that maintained the ban on gay marriage. The question is, does adding their name help the cause or hurt it? (Just Jared)
4. [Insert hearty chuckle here]. Chris Brown‘s lawyer, Mark Geragos, failed to buy his client a bit more time before getting carted off to prison … or whatever the heck is going to become of him. Geragos tried to get a postponement of Brown‘s preliminary hearing, but that quickly fell through. Meanwhile, Rihanna has been subpoenaed to testify on June 22. Oooh we can’t wait to hear the outcome. (E! Online)
5. Uhh … DUH! Ms. Boo-boo I’m a sex symbol Megan Fox is still blathering on about not being prepared for her sudden rise to fame. Yes it’s difficult being followed by paps and creepy old men, but get over it.
“I see some people who have to deal with it on an everyday basis — I am not a Jennifer Aniston or a Britney Spears or even a Lindsay Lohan, you know?” Megan was nice enough to point out.
Truer words have never been uttered, she is NO Jennifer Aniston. (Usmagazine.com)