Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. Twilight vamp Rob Pattinson was cornered at the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS 2009 benefit auction last night, and asked to cough up a charitable donation. A couple of insanely devoted parents paid $20,000 euros (approx. $55,000 U.S. dollars) each to have their daughters receive a kiss – on the cheek – from Pattinson. For that much cheddar we’d demand a full-on lip-lock! (People)
2. Totally peeved that American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert didn’t get the gold? Then this will no doubt have you practicing the right to bear arms. Snarky AI VIP Clay Aiken took to his blog yesterday – which he charges fans $29.95 yearly to access thank you very much – to kick Lambert while he’s down.
“I only turn the show on once a season, and only to see what the set looks like each year. This year, I happened to turn it during the minute that Adam Lambert was singing ‘Ring of Fire’ and, at that moment, thought my ears would bleed,” Aiken spat. “Contrived, awful, and slightly frightening!”
Well, we know that ultra-cool Adam will end up selling more records than you, Mr. Whiney … (Gawker)
3. In the words of crackpot Grammy-winning songbird Amy Winehouse, “no, no no”! Kate Hudson has swapped her ruffled blonde locks for a bouncy brunette mane. The actress flaunted her latest look while strolling through Oklahoma City yesterday. Thankfully the new ‘do was a requirement for her upcoming 1950’s-set thriller The Killer Inside Me, so there’s still hope. (Daily Mail)
4. Offering just enough of a nip to keep us interested – for those who actually are – Denise Richards plans to kinda, sorta, maybe date on her reality show It’s Complicated. “Dating-ish,” she told E! News. “That means not a boyfriend. When I say dating-ish, I mean no boyfriend.” Apparently her hands are too “full” as a single mother to make things official with anyone … Yeah, too full playing with your BlackBerry, Denise. (E! Online)
5. Think we can come to a conclusion anytime soon, guys? On Thursday actor Sean Penn filed a request to withdraw his legal separation case from wife Robin Wright. The indecisive couple supposedly called it quits last month, and just two years prior to this a divorce was definitely looming on the horizon. Geez if they’re this ridiculously wishy-washy can you imagine how they must handle simple day-to-day tasks, like grocery shopping? Must take 10 hours! (San Francisco Chronicle)