Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. Teens are taking over! Last night’s two-hour MTV Movie Awards shone a mega spotlight on the insanely over-hyped vamp flick Twilight. The teen-sensation took home five Golden Popcorns, including best movie, best kiss, and best breakthrough performances by both Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. The on-screen sweethearts are currently the talk of the town with their undeniable closeness that heated up the Gibson Amphitheatre. We smell a hookup! (E! Online)
2. Earlier this year, with her 30th birthday just around the corner, Dreamgirls superstar Jennifer Hudson revealed baby wishes – and now her dream has come true. Yes, the Grammy-winning crooner is seven months pregnant! A baby shower was held on Saturday in Chicago, where Jennifer and husband David Otunga received a throng of gender-neutral gifts. They have yet have to find out the sex of their future tot, so we’ll just have to keep guessing! (Celebrity Baby Blog)
3. This summer, while shooting scenes for Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, Katie Holmes will be joined by hubby Tom Cruise who will reportedly be spreading the Scientology word like a door-to-door salesman. The religion (which may soon be banned in France for fraud and illegal drugs) isn’t doing so hot, so Cruise is probably wasting his breath. Heck, even Wikipedia no longer allows the church to edit or add to their entries. I don’t blame ‘em, Scientology gives me the heebie jeebies too. (Celebitchy)
4. You know you’ve hit the big-time when an ice cream company turns you into a frozen treat. Cooling down has never been easier thanks to Del Monte Superfruit Smoothies, which has produced an edible replica of 007 star Daniel Craig called – wait for it – “License to Chill.” The enterprising corporation asked more than 1,000 ladies which male icon they would enjoy seeing on the end of a stick, and Craig won. The hilarious delicacy recreates the scene in Casino Royale when Bond emerges from the sea. Available in blueberry, pomegranate and cranberry, and less than 100 calories a pop – sounds like the perfect man! (Daily Mail)
5. Megan Fox is the latest celebrity to wine about her charmed little life, and this time Hollywood is the target. The actress claims that she is essentially a prostitute, and so is everyone else.
“We get paid to feign attraction and love,” she told the July issue of the British GQ. “Other people are paying to watch us kissing someone, touching someone, doing things people in a normal monogamous relationship would never do with anyone who’s not their partner. It’s really kind of gross.”
Oh hush up, you’re getting paid MILLIONS of dollars to play house for a few weeks, boo hoo. (Showbiz Spy)