What’s for Dinner?
Chicken and Artichokes
-Francine Segan, Bettys Food+Home editor, FrancineSegan.com
A great one-skillet meal. Serve with crusty bread to soak up all the yummy sauce!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces (about 4 pounds)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup chicken stock
3/4 cup white wine
1 lemon, diced
6 dates, chopped
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 to 6 canned artichoke
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour and brown the chicken on all sides.
3. Add the stock, wine, lemon, dates, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to medium heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Turn over the chicken, add the artichokes and cook for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is done.