What’s for Dinner?
Easy Beef Wellington
Serve with steamed green vegetables for an elegant, but easy midweek feast.
Frozen puff pastry
1 whole fillet of beef (allow 6-8oz per person) sliced into 4 pieces.
8-ounces of pâté, like Patchwork Mushroom & Garlic Pâté
8 ounces of mushrooms
Salt and pepper
1. Defrost pastry, roll out and cut into four equal pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 410F.
3. Season each portion of beef with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sear beef portions in a hot pan to seal and brown all sides, allow a minute per side. Brush mustard on beef to taste.
5. Chop mushrooms to fine dice in food processor and fry briefly in same pan as beef.
6. Place four pieces of pastry on a flat surface. Each piece of pastry
should be large enough to wrap around a portion of beef to make a parcel.
7. Place one piece of beef on each piece of pastry.
8. Spread pâté onto each and add fried mushrooms to each packet.
9. Break the egg into bowl and mix with fork.
10.Wrap the pastry around the each beef portion as though wrapping a present, using the egg as glue on the edges.
11. Trim the pastry at the edges so the edges aren’t too thick but hold together.
12. Turn parcels over into oven tin/dish and brush top with egg. Lightly score the top with a knife to decorate in any way that takes your fancy.
13. Put into hot oven for 40 minutes (rare) 55 minutes (Medium).