Fall’s Hottest Bags
We look at the season’s 5 biggest trends and uncover some stylish numbers that will leave you with enough cash for new shoes.
-Janifer I. Cheng
It’s a new season and that means… shopping for the newest trends. But how can you update your look without going broke? Here are some suggestions for great bags that’ll have you looking stylish this season.
Think of it like stepping back in time to the ’80s — lots of leather and studs make up this season’s hippest trend. Try pairing some of these bags with skinny black jeans or your favorite leather jacket.
• Bebe’s Kensington studded wristlet clutch ($59, bebe.com) is discrete rocker chic and great for running around the town during the day.
• Glam it out at night with the Guess Folklore top zip bag ($78, guess.com).
• Go rock goddess with this Amici Accessories black studded panel handbag ($48, amiciaccessories.com).
Sleek reptile skins offer a hint of danger to your ensemble. More classic styles can be worn at the office, or you can opt for wilder looks for nights out with your friends.
• East5th computer tote ($39, jcpenny.com) gives your laptop a pretty nifty new home.
• The perfect size of Carla Mancini’s top zip tote in Matte Croc ($352, couturecandy.com) makes it a great out-and-about bag.
• Want something with a bit more color? Lodis’ Royal Snake Spotlight Clutch ($98, ebags.com), which comes in pink or purple, is a great addition to your fashion arsenal.
Metallics are all the rage this season. Worn with black or gray, these pieces are definitely attention-getters.
• Treviso’s PVC bucket bag ($14.99, kmart.com) in bronze can brighten an overcast day.