What’s for Dinner?
Fettuccini with Berkshire Blue Cheese
-Courtesy of Michael Ballon, Chef of Castle Street Café
Walnuts, a traditional accompaniment to blue cheese, provides crunch and garnish for this delicious dish.
1 pound fettuccini or your favorite spaghetti
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 pound Berkshire Blue cheese
2 tablespoon chopped walnuts, lightly pan toasted
1. Cook the fettuccini according to package directions.
2. In the meantime, saute the shallot and butter in a medium sauce pan, until golden. Add the thyme and the flour, and stir well.
3. Add the chicken stock and cream, and mix well to incorporate the flour. Stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Lower the heat to a low simmer, and whisk in the cheese, stirring well.
5. To serve, toss the cooked, drained fettuccini with the sauce, and garnish with walnuts.