What’s for Dinner?
Goat Cheese / Sundried Tomato Chicken Breasts
-Bethenny Frankel, Naturally Thin
Here’s a recipe from Bethenny Frankel of The Real Houswives of New York City. To read more about Bethenny, the housewives and her new book, click here.
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup goat cheese
1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
1 tsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
Salt and Pepper
½ C finely chopped sundried tomatoes (packed in oil, drained)
1 C heavy cream
4 cloves minced garlic
4 T olive oil
1. Combine goat cheese, herbs, and salt and pepper.
2. Make slit down the side of each chicken breast creating a pocket.
3. Spoon a layer of goat cheese mixture inside each chicken breast.
4. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
5. Using sauté pan on med/high heat, layer bottom with olive oil and place chicken breasts facing up in pan until browned.
6. Turn over and brown the other side then heat until fully cooked. Remove chicken breasts. Add minced garlic, sundried tomatoes and heavy cream to the pan. Add salt and pepper, and scrape all bits off the bottom of the pan.
7. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Spoon sauce over chicken (you may slice to increase portions)