Beauty Trend: Green Nail Polish
This season, the hottest beauty insider tip is for your tips – the 2009 Chanel fall runway show gives a surprising nail color the green light.
Singer Ashanti sports green nails while posing with a furry friend.
Perhaps Karl Lagerfeld was taking the eco-friendly slogan “Go Green!” literally while designing Chanel’s Fall 2009 line-up. The collection included a head-to-toe green tweed look, complete with a minty-fresh polish that was on the nails of every model walking in the show. Like last year’s “Blue Satin” shade, this Jade lacquer is already climbing toward cult status – normally priced at $25, it has sold out of every department store and is at the moment only available for resale on eBay for upwards of $75.
Other major beauty brands are rushing to keep up with this trend, but are you? Do you find these witchy shades bewitching, or would you rather keep your green in your wallet?
1. Delia’s nail polish in Green ($4.50, delias.com)
2. POP Beauty Nail Glam nail polish in Grass ($14, beauty.com)
3. Lippmann Collection long wearing nail lacquer in Don’t Tell Mama ($16, lippmanncollection.com)
4. Butter London nail lacquer in British Racing Green ($14, b-glowing.com)
5. Sephora by O.P.I nail colour in Ocean Love Potion ($9, sephora.com)