Risotto with Asti Spumante and Pears
After all the Mother’s Day celebrations this weekend, chill out with an easy-to-make dinner recipe.
-Recipe courtesy of Asti Consortium
Makes 4 Servings
1 1/2 cups Asti Spumante docg
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 small shallots, minced
1 1/2 cups Carnaroli or Arborio rice
5 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
16 ounces chicken broth, warm
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 pear, peeled and diced
Freshly ground pepper
1. Put the Asti spumante in a small saucepan and gently simmer until reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Reserve.
2. Meanwhile, Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the shallots cook over medium heat until translucent. Add the rice and stir to coat.
3. Add the Asti reduction, stirring all the time, until it is absorbed.
4. Gradually add the warm broth, a ladleful at a time. Make sure you stir well after each addition and continue to stir, until the liquid is entirely absorbed by the rice. Stir in the pear pieces and the Gorgonzola and cook until al dente.
5. Add the Parmesan and the butter and stir until creamy. Season to taste with pepper and salt.