Celebrity chef Guy Fieri gives us a great new (and unexpected) recipe from his hit show, Ultimate Recipe Showdown.
-Courtesy of Guy Fieri, Food Network star of Guy’s Big Bite and Ultimate Recipe Showdown, guyfieri.com
Guy Fieri has always been an exciting chef in the kitchen, and this dish is no exception. Did you ever think to glaze shrimp in sangria? Well, hats off to Fieri, who introduces us to a brand new and delicious combination of flavors.
Makes 6-8 Servings (Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 15 minutes)
Ingredients for Glaze:
¾ cup red wine
¼ cup apple juice
¼ cup orange juice, fresh
¼ cup sherry
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons corn starch
¼ cup water
Ingredients for Shrimp:
1 pound shrimp, 21-25 count, cleaned, deviened
½ cup red onion, diced
1 apple, cored, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 mint leaves
1. For the glaze: In a small sauce pot, add all ingredients except corn starch and water. On medium to high heat, reduce mixture by 1/3.
2. In small sauce bowl, combine water and cornstarch, whisk, and then whisk into hot mixture.
3. Turn heat to low and allow reducing till total reduction is half of original amount.
4. For the shrimp: In medium sauté pan, add butter and oil. When butter is melted, add onions and peppers. Cook until translucent but not to achieve color.
5. Add apples and shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink, then toss with paprika and sangria mix., and garnish with fresh mint.
Also try Guy Fieri’s Smashing Acorn Soup with Pistachio Parmesan Crostini, or something else from our Recipe File.