4. The best thing about being your own woman on Valentine’s Day is that you don’t have to torture yourself with painful pumps or waste hours under a blow-dryer. Exercise your freedom from fashion! Throw on your comfiest sweatpants, your coziest hoodie and take yourself to see Safe Haven. Eat all the popcorn and licorice you want – it’s the upside of elastic!
5. Download Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” and Taylor Swift’s “Love Story”. Commence go-girl dance party in your living room. (Note: you must wear a leotard AND cowboy hat for full effect.)
6. Instead of wallowing in heartache, get your heart pumping. It’s nearly impossible to sweat and mope at the same time. Throw on some girly gear and hit the gym. Maybe you’ll find a new muscle man for next Valentine’s.
7. Play spin-the-culinary-globe. Pick a random spot on the map and try out a new recipe from that country or region. Use the evening to expand your horizons and feed your soul.
8. Use Feb. 14 to fill out a new online dating profile. SugarDaddyForMe.com, anyone?
9. Write a letter to a close friend or family member thanking them for all the love they’ve given you over the years. A grateful heart is an open heart.
10. More wine. With a side of dark chocolate. They’re good for you!
Tell us: How are you spending Valentine’s Day this year?
Carrie Seim is a writer and comedian keeping it real in L.A., New York and @ carrieseim.com.