The Bettys’ Thankful List
25 reasons we’re giving thanks this season
This is our very first Betty Thanksgiving, and what better way to celebrate than by asking the Bettys to list all the things that we’re thankful for … from the frivolous (see #’s 1 – 10!) to the truly heartfelt (see # 25).
Without further ado … The Bettys’ Thankful List:
Sometimes it’s the little things that make us happy …
1. Oysters topped with a dollop of caviar.
2. Shopping at Target for face cream, cereal, serving bowls, sexy undies, pajamas and motor oil.
3. Puffs with aloe.
4. MAC Antiquitease lipstick (the PERFECT coppery shade).
5. Judy’s blue suede shoes.
6. The fact that dark chocolate is healthy for you.
7. Pumpkin pie.
8. Chocolate Croissants & Diet Coke.
9. Party dresses & sky-high heels.
10. Pedicures (nominated by Joseph – who says guys can’t enjoy the lap of luxury?)
Sometimes it’s the intangible …
11. The way autumn smells.
12. Inviting glances & stolen kisses.
Sometimes it’s the personal …
14. A pastor who wants you to have seven days of sex with your husband. (Stephanie)
15. The relationship I have with my sister – getting older has its perks with siblings; we’re so much closer now than we were as kids! (Joseph)
16. The guys behind the counter at Whole Foods, Starbucks, the Y, my yoga instructor, 1-800-I-Got-Junk and all those men who provide the helpful services and the cute smiles for this single mom in her day-to-day. (Mary Beth)
17. My sweet little daughter. (April)
18. My beautiful sister, who loves me even when I don’t deserve it. (Carrie)
And other times the practical …
19. The rent-stabilization laws that allow me to live in NYC on a freelance writer’s income. (Judy)
And as much as we might make fun of them, sometimes it’s the celebrities and public figures …
21. Two words: DANIEL. CRAIG. (April)
22. My husband is a huge NC Tar Heels basketball fan, so I’m thankful for Tyler Hansboro, even though he hasn’t started his basketball season yet this year. I heart him. (Monica)
23. Barack Obama! (Carolyn)
Something just about all of us had on our list:
24. WINE! Also nominated: Appletinis, White Russians, and – as Carrie put it: Mojitos with fresh mint, vodka with fresh cranberries, wine with fresh boys!
And – last but certainly not least … our MOST IMPORTANT item on this list …
25. YOU! Thank you for being a Betty, for being a part of our community, and for making our jobs so rewarding and just plain fun.
What are the things that you’re thankful for in your life?