8. This line from John Leguizamo is so funny, it just might have worked on us:
“When I was 19, I’d say, ‘You might as well come home with me now, because the things I’m going to do to you at home by myself you might want to have a say in.’”
– John Leguizamo, via Entertainment Weekly.
9. According to Jennifer Garner, being preggo doesn’t prevent her from being hit on.
“People still will come up to me with pick-up lines. It’s really amazing. Even when you’re pregnant. I guess guys do love a pregnant girl,” she said, adding that the lines didn’t stop even after she’d given birth.
“I mean, I had an eight-week-old baby, and, it was fascinating. The pick-up line was, ‘If he’s not good to you …’ I mean, come on!” Sorry guys – Ben Affleck is tough competition.
– Jennifer Garner, via WENN.com.
10. Steve Martin wrote a pickup line for his Inspector Clouseau character to deliver in The Pink Panther that left us all awww shucks-ing:
“A woman is like an artichoke,” the Inspector declares. But real-life Steve melts our hearts by adding, “But I think that is true…. The line is that a woman is like an artichoke and you have to do a lot of work before you get to her heart. I think that’s a very romantic sentiment.”
– Steve Martin, via The Independent.
If none of these pickup lines does the trick, you can always try Tom Cruise’s method of wooing Katie Holmes. He simply had his agent call her agent. (Perhaps in real life this translates to your BFF calling his BFF?) Okay, he also bought Katie a wedding ring after their first date.
That’s one pickup line that never gets old.
What’s the best or worst pickup line you’ve ever heard?
Carrie Seim, Betty’s L.A. Correspondent, is a writer and comedian keeping it real in L.A., New York and @ www.carrieseim.com … and has never fallen for a bad pickup line. Except that one time.