Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Paris “I’ve-never-seen-a-phone-bill-in-my-life” Hilton will be taken to court next month as a result of failing to promote her 2006 comedy Pledge This! The sometimes actress, who is being sued for $8 million, claims to have endorsed the sorority-sister film every chance she got — “Like, I really, you know, did my best” she eloquently avowed in a pre-trial hearing Thursday. According to Miami Firm Worldwide Entertainment Group, Hilton‘s lack of enthusiasm caused the flick to flop. Yes, surely it had nothing to do with her inability to act. (Omg!)
2. Who, me? With fresh reports popping up that golden boy David Beckham recently snuck off on a dinner date with Hungarian model Mariann Fogarasy, Italian newspaper La Stampa just had to get a piece of that action.
“I do not flirt with other women – I exist only for Victoria,” Becks continued after adamantly denying the rendezvous with the much younger gal. “And just for the record Victoria will be in the stands on Sunday to watch me play against Juventus.”
3. It must be getting serious if she’s willing to dish out this much dosh! Madonna is SO fed up with the apparent language barrier between her and that Brazilian manboy that she has enlisted the aid of an English tutor. Precisely how much is Madge dropping? A whopping $1,000 per week. Guess she can’t stand hearing “I worship the ground you walk on!” in Portuguese. (Celebitchy)
4. While Gwyneth Paltrow typically sticks to the wholesome roles, her character in the forthcoming Iron Man sequel is a bit on the kinky side. A little bird told the Daily Mail that in one scene Gwennie sports a leather corset paired with a bullwhip. Now that would be something worth blogging about on Goop.com — how to pull off the dominatrix look on 500 calories a day. (MTV.com)
5. If you cried when Lance Armstrong split from Sheryl Crow back in 2006, you can blame the songstress’ biological clock. In a new memoir (does everyone have one these days?) set for release in July, the Tour de France champion reveals that the two went their separate ways due to baby fever.
“She wanted marriage, she wanted children; and not that I didn’t want that, but I didn’t want that at that time because I had just gotten out of a marriage, I’d just had kids [Luke, 9, and twins Grace and Bella, 7],” Armstrong noted. “Yet we’re up against her biological clock — that pressure is what cracked it.”
Or perhaps it’s that the 37-year-old stud wanted to play the field … Mary-Kate Olsen anyone? (Usmagazine.com)