Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Bystanders at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Ball got quite an eyeful of Madonna‘s killer limbs last night, thanks to her Louis Vuitton mini dress. The songstress completed her peculiar outfit with thigh-high boots and an indescribable turquoise hair accessory. Naturally, Madonna‘s main manboy Jesus Luz trailed behind her like a lovesick puppy, downplaying his own good looks by slipping into a nondescript black tux. Good boy, Jesus – there’s only room for one mega-ego on that red carpet!
2. Ho-hum, not such a goody two-shoes now, are we? Miss California, who claims to be walking the path of righteousness, is about to be embarrassed beyond belief once five or six more lurid pics hit the net. The first of a reported series of shots featuring Carrie Prejean in nothing more than a pair of lacy panties leaked yesterday. The photos could cost the ‘opposite marriage’ advocate to lose her Miss California title, as her contract forbids being “photographed in a state of partial or total nudity.” Umm … oops. Even more scandalous — the pics were taken while Prejean was still underage. The now 21-year-old has hit back by saying that the leaking of the photos is an attempt to humiliate her in retaliation for her anti-gay-marriage views. Hello, she’s the one who agreed to pose! (Omg!)
3. Talk about a reason to play hookie on a Thursday afternoon! With her new memoir coming out next Tuesday, Elizabeth Edwards sat down with Oprah to discuss the ins and outs of her marriage to dirty dog ex-presidential hopeful John Edwards. Naturally, Oprah rattled off the tough questions, such as “are you still in love with him?” and “is it a day-by-day thing?” Of course, she also brings up Rielle Hunter and the speculation that Hunter’s daughter is Edwards‘ love child. The episode airs this Thursday — time to program those TiVos ladies! (People)
4. How random is this? Baby-faced Chace Crawford of Gossip Girl fame has received an invite to the White House Correspondents Dinner in Washington, where he will sit amongst fellow guests of the Fox News Channel – including Matthew Modine, Bill O’Reilly, and Chris Wallace. And in case that isn’t enticing enough for the young man, Sarah Palin and husband Todd will just be a handshake away. Couldn’t they have landed a better celeb-guest than Crawford? Say maybe, Tina Fey? Now that would be interesting! (Celebuzz)
5. Though Spice Girl Geri Halliwell never thought she would became a mommy, looks like she’s doing a fabulous job by spending as much time as possible with her daughter Bluebell Madonna, rather than simply hiring a barrage of nannies. The singer has turned to writing because, as she told Red magazine, “I could work in the house and still spend plenty of time with my child.” Why don’t more famous mothers try this tact? (Celebrity Baby Blog)