Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Catfight times 10! After last night’s American Idol finale, Simon Cowell‘s former lover Terri Seymour was viciously attacked by a 200-pound looney bin. Janice Thibodeaux, the suspect, allegedly sauntered up to the onetime commercial model and asked if she was the judge’s girlfriend, then she grabbed Seymour and tried to choke her. Terri surprisingly refused medical attention, and Thibodeaux was slapped with a felony battery charge. She is currently being held on $52,700 bail. Hey, we secretly love Simon too, but we wouldn’t assault an ex on account of a mere crush. (TMZ)
2. The helpless dear (Oksana Grigorieva) who has fallen victim to Mel Gibson‘s fortune Hollywood charm had nothing to do with the demise of the actor’s 28-year marriage … just ask her mother. The retired music teacher came out of the woodwork recently to set the record straight for People – and the rest of America.
“He split up with his wife three years ago, so to suggest that she has broken up their marriage is rubbish,” insisted Lyudmila Chernukha.
True, it’s more that ol’ Mel just happened to choose Oksana over the other 200 Russian babes he was eyeing. (People)
3. Ah, yes, another soft-core porn shot masquerading as art. Miss Bag-of-Bones Kate Moss has released a few promo prints for her “recession friendly” clothing line Topshop. The boozy supermodel donned a barely-there chiffon dress and slapped some fiery-red lipstick onto her pouty lips prior to posing for the camera. Well, at least she managed to ditch the cigarette-cocktail-druggie-boyfriend look once more… (Daily Mail)
4. We all know how this boy likes to kick back, but WOW. Silver Fox material Brad Pitt (love those subtle flecks of gray!) has spilled a secret or two about how he came to sign up for Quentin Tarantino‘s Inglourious Basterds. Apparently, the legendary director brought along 5 bottles of wine when he went to visit Pitt, causing him to get so drunk that he agreed to do the film — he doesn’t even remember saying yes! Oh, and when Brad crawled out of bed the next morning, he nearly stepped on a “smoking apparatus.” We’re amazed that the stylish cutie didn’t drunk-dial Jennifer Aniston on this occasion too! (Celebitchy)
5. Following in the footsteps of Steve Martin and Jessica Simpson, often-criticized actress Jennifer Love Hewitt is having a go at producing a country music album. Boyfriend Jamie Kennedy is all for it, even though his sweetie’s 2002 LP BareNaked kinda tanked. Whatever happened to actors staying actors? (Evil Beet Gossip)