Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. So that’s where all the extra testosterone was coming from! Alex Rodriquez aka Madonna’s former “BFF” has spilled the beans (or rather steroids) on his performance-enhancing juice to ESPN. The athlete explained that he used the substances – Primobolan and testosterone – from 2001 to 2003 to “prove to everyone that, you know, I was worth, you know — and being one of the greatest players of all time.” Umm … what? Apparently steroids shrink both your package AND your thought process. (The Insider)
2. Aww how cute, John Mayer plans to serenade Jennifer Aniston tomorrow evening for her big 4-0. The musician has composed a tune “just for her for her birthday,” according to an anonymous insider. If that’s the only present he’s giving Aniston, he better not muck it up! (People)
3. Someone needs to get their “sorry” skills in check. When tasteless snapshots surfaced last week of Miley Cyrus squinting and slanting her eyes, The Organization of Chinese Americans demanded that she issue an apology. How did little Hannah Montana respond?
“I’ve also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, I’m sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!”
Note to Cyrus: When apologizing, it’s never a good idea to make the other party feel like an idiot. (ActressArchives.com)
3. This man needs a pair of jammies and an Advil, stat! American Idol judge Simon Cowell looks to have gotten a tad toasty last night judging by the pigeon-toes and sloppy grin … he must be in hangover city today. (TMZ)
4. Hey, if the Terminator can turn into a Governorator, why not? Actor Val Kilmer (yeah we thought he dropped off the face of the earth too) is thinking of running for governor of New Mexico in 2010. “I’m just looking for ways to be contributive,” he told The Associated Press. How about making another hit flick like Top Gun? (The Seattle Times)