Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. G’day mate! On Monday during a closed-door hearing Britney Spears‘ attorneys discussed the possibility of making Australia a new stop on the Pop star’s Circus tour. Nothing was officially resolved, but another court date to discuss the currently-unscheduled performances has been set for April 14. Can you imagine all the tantalizing mischief Brit could pull down under? (E! Online)
2. Talk about cat-fight material! Recently-engaged designer Marc Jacobs reportedly wants Anne Hathaway to be his new It Girl, meaning longtime muse Victoria Beckham is yesterday’s news.
“Marc and Anne have forged a fast but very intense friendship,” an insider told the Daily Mail. “They’re going to start doing public appearances together soon. Anne hasn’t signed up to do any advertising yet but, by dressing her, Marc can infuse his line with a fresh but famous face and Anne can revamp her image.”
Oooh Miss Vic is going to totally flip! (Marie Claire)
3. One would expect Playboy founder Hugh Hefner to go nuts on his 83rd b-day but instead he … fell asleep. The elderly “gentleman” passed out while surrounded by a bevy of beauties. Finally getting a bit long in the tooth, are we? (TMZ)
4. After fudging — or downright forgetting — key lyrics to her twangy tunes during numerous performances, Jessica Simpson is slowly losing her cred … and her record label. Sony BMG is thought to be super peeved about Jessica’s apparent lack of focus, as her name has allegedly been wiped from both Columbia Nashville and Sony Music Nashville’s rosters. What’s more, Jessica was MIA at the Academy of Country Music awards on Sunday evening. Bummer ya’ll! (Hollyscoop.com)
5. Donuts, seriously? Mr. I’m-gonna-put-out-a-new-record-that’s-all-about-Britney was seen carrying a box of fatty treats over the weekend with his new lady love in tow. That waistline isn’t getting any smaller K-(well)Fed! (The Hollywood Gossip)