Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. While her “better half” tweets about his wife’s topnotch backside, Demi Moore is busy saving lives! A woman from San Jose contacted Demi Moore through Twitter, saying she was planning to commit suicide. The age-defying mama quickly responded to the tweets before alerting the police, who raced to check on the woman. This is one of those rare cases when we actually can say “Stars, they’re just like us!” because who wouldn’t reach out to a woman in need? Read more about Twitter mamas. (NBC Bay Area)
2. It’s a wonder her heart is still beating! Lindsay Lohan’s rep is having a heck of a time these days, defending the starlet left and right. The latest concern is whether or not little Linds is getting enough to eat (or anything at all). Rumor has it that she’s surviving off cigarettes, candy, and “at least” three Red Bulls a day. But the bigger question is–what’s really in those miniature chrome cans? (People)
3. Paris the dominatrix? It was a rather bizarre scene at Duke’s restaurant in Malibu on Thursday. Paris Hilton was decked out in a barely-there black ensemble complete with wacky glasses for an unspecified photo shoot. Doesn’t she just resemble that guy from Star Trek in those shades? (Gossip Girls)
4. Madonna’s hopes of adopting a child from Malawi were squashed this morning after a judge refused her request. The decline was due to the fact that Madge hasn’t lived in that country for 18 to 24 months–a requirement that the judge was not willing to overlook. Sorry, Charlie … time to pick up a new boy-toy instead. (Omg!)
5. A group of teenybopper Rob Pattinson fanatics have created a religion–called Cullenism–based on the characters in Twilight.
“Their creed, say the Cullenists, includes a base set of beliefs that ‘Edward and the rest of the Twilight characters are real,’ that ‘[t]he Twilight series should be worshipped,’ and that ‘[i]f you are good in life, you will be bless[ed] with eternity with the Cullens.”
OK , we liked the movie, too, but this is wayyy too much! (Examiner.com)