Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Not everyone is happy about J. Lo and her hubby Marc Anthony speaking and performing at Obama’s Latino Inaugural Ball this Sunday … in fact, some are downright irate. According to Page Six, some in the Latino community are furious with the crooners for their lack of support for Obama until AFTER he won.
“One power player called them “vile opportunists for worming themselves into anything Obama related even though they had nothing to do with his win.”
According to the source, Anthony refused to perform for Obama during a crucial get-out-the-Latino-vote event in Orlando, Fla., two weeks before the election and Lopez refused to endorse Obama unless he called her himself, which he didn’t. The Orlando event went on without them and featured Bill Clinton and Jimmy Smits.” (New York Post)
2. In other Inauguration-related news … talk about a star-studded lineup … the list of entertainers set to perform during the opening ceremony includes: Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder. Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah and Denzel Washington will reportedly read historical passages. Wow, no wonder tickets are going for thousands of dollars! (CNN)
3. Get well soon Howie … Deal or No Deal host Howie Mandel was hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat while filming a new show. Representatives say the 53-year-old did not have a heart attack and is expected to be back at work soon. (PerezHilton)
4. On again, off again, wait did they ever actually admit they were dating couple Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson are said to be back together after their rumored split. The smiling couple was apparently spotted looking happy and cozy at Nobu Matsuhisa restaurant in Beverly Hills last night. And just when we thought we might get a break from all of their drama … (Gossip Girls)
5. Bucking the Hollywood trend of waiting and waiting to reveal their babies’ names (Hello, Ben and Jen!!! Are you EVER going to tell us the name of Violet’s little sister?!) Carnie Wilson has revealed her baby’s name … and she’s only four months pregnant! It’s Luciana, and she will be called Lucy, she revealed on an episode of The Bonnie Hunt Show, which airs today. “I love being 40 and pregnant. It rocks! I am Fertile Myrtle, you could say,” she told Hunt. (People)