Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Mee-ow! Katie Holmes is lookin’ good in Miu Miu’s spring/summer 2009 campaign. The sizzling shots, which were taken last November by Marcus Piggott and Mert Alas, show the 30-year-old in a gorgeous Miuccia Prada “graffiti-spattered” gown. We likes!! (Just Jared)
2. True courage indeed! Although he has been battling stage-four pancreatic cancer for a year and was hospitalized on Friday, Patrick Swayze wants everyone to know that he is alive — and plans to stay that way. Looking just as optimistic as ever on the cover of People, Swayze proves that you can’t keep a good guy down. The actor immediately sought treatment last week for a relentless cough that turned out to be pneumonia; he was prescribed antibiotics by his doctor and is presently “almost in the clear.” We wish him the best of luck in his ongoing fight. (People)
3. Mr. Clooney goes to Washington — but not to attend Obama’s inauguration. The currently single bachelor was simply on the east coast yesterday for his father’s birthday. Since he is a part of the Democratic Party, couldn’t he stay an extra few days to witness such a historical event? L-A-M-E. (Celebitchy)
4. Guess who uses Twitter ya’ll … If you’re in the market for a new crash pad, Britney Spears’ six-bedroom Studio City home is now on the market for a measly $7.195 million. This week the star began the slow and steady process of moving to The Oaks community in Calabasas, where she is taking up residence in an $8.9 mansion. “I just took my babies to our new home, and they loved it!” Brit wrote on her Twitter account. “I can’t wait to move in.” Can we come?? (omg!)
5. Not everyone is happy about J. Lo and her hubby Marc Anthony speaking and performing at Obama’s Latino Inaugural Ball this Sunday … in fact, some are downright irate. According to Page Six, some in the Latino community are furious with the crooners for their lack of support for Obama until AFTER he won.
“One power player called them “vile opportunists for worming themselves into anything Obama related even though they had nothing to do with his win.”
According to the source, Anthony refused to perform for Obama during a crucial get-out-the-Latino-vote event in Orlando, Fla., two weeks before the election and Lopez refused to endorse Obama unless he called her himself, which he didn’t. The Orlando event went on without them and featured Bill Clinton and Jimmy Smits.” (New York Post)