Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Oh Eartha! We’ll miss your incredible fabulousness. Eartha Kitt, famous for her oh-so-sexy “Catwoman,” her stunning cabaret shows and – of course – her original, BEST version of “Santa Baby,” passed away on Christmas Day after a battle with colon cancer. Further proof of her sheer awesomeness: the 81-year-old sex kitten was booked for performance dates through 2009. We lift our holiday champagne to you, Eartha. (Usmagazine.com)
2. Did J-Lo send spies on hubby Marc Anthony’s most recent tour? That’s the latest in rumors about their crumbling marriage. From Page Six:
Despite the fact that the couple renewed its vows in October, a source tells Page Six that Lopez used to send her assistant on tour with Anthony while she stayed at home with their twins. “She wanted reports back so he didn’t cheat on her,” says our source.
The new cover of Us Weekly does nothing to help the ongoing rumors either, with the headline “The Ring Is Off!” kitty-corner to a shot of Anthony cozying up to Eva Longoria Parker. Yeah we would be paranoid as well!! (New York Post)
3. Lance Armstrong continues to defy all odds. He and his girlfriend, Anna Hansen, recently announced they’re expecting a baby. This is particularly remarkable since he is a survivor of testicular cancer, which often leaves men infertile. His other children with his ex-wife were conceived with sperm frozen before his treatments. The baby is due in June. Tour de Congrats! (CNN)
4. Britney, sons, and “Papa’s glasses” appear in her Christmas card. It’s nice to see Britney with her beautiful little boys, and it’s sweet that their daddy was referenced … sweet in a sad-sweet sort of way. We hope they are all as happy as they look in the card, don’t ya’ll? (DailyMail)
5. Need a little holiday distraction? Check out this just-released video of “Thinking of You” from Katy Perry. Nice and dramatic. We like! Although does anyone else think she sounds like Alanis Morissette a LOT?