Top Picks from Around the Web
1. Are Britney Spears’ boobs shrinking? They seem to be, along with the rest of her much exercised and dieted body. Well, if they are, she’s probably happy about it – she said recently:
‘I have a love-hate relationship with my boobs. At the moment I hate them. I want them smaller.
‘I can’t wear the kind of suits that I used to love, the red PVC one I got to wear for the Oops I Did It Again video.
‘I’m tempted to have a breast reduction so I can slink into some amazing stage outfits for my next set of shows. I know they look sexy but sometimes they get in the way.’
Bring on the red PVC! (Daily Mail)
2. The lovely Lourdes is set to follow in her famous mother’s footsteps. Madonna has enrolled her 14-year-old daughter in Manhattan’s Professional Children’s School, which touts alums such as Sarah Jessica Parker and Scarlett Johansson.
“Lourdes is desperate to become an actress and has joined Manhattan’s Professional Children’s School,” a source told the Daily Mail. “She is determined to prove herself and plans to throw herself into studying the technique.”
From the looks of that photo it appears little Lourdes has already perfected the technique of striking a pose! (Daily Mail)
3. It’s twin girls for Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O’Connell – Dolly Rebecca Rose (named after Dolly Parton) and Charlie Tamara Tulip (named after O’Connell’s brother). The sure-to-be-gorgeous flowers are said to have arrived early this morning (Jan. 5), while others say the birthday was actually December 28. While it hasn’t been an easy pregnancy (Romijn was on bedrest for awhile), Daddy O’Connell has been anxiously awaiting their arrival … and beyond.
“Just the fact that they’re girls, you know? I don’t want them to date,” he said in an interview earlier this year. “They’re only allowed to date men who run countries. They’re only allowed to date men who are heir to the throne or are currently running a nation.”
Can you imagine the degree of grilling these future son-in-laws will have to face? Talk about first date jitters. (E! Online)
4. Jen’s still on top. For the second weekend in a row, Marley and Me was tops at the box office. Once again she beat out Brad with $24.1 million compared to $18.4 for his film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which by the way, after seeing this weekend, we found quite … curious. (Los Angeles Times)
5. Another is-she-or-isn’t-she pregnancy mystery for Hollywood (and the rest of us) to ponder … now under the maternal microscope – Kate Moss – who’s stomach is being held to close scrutiny. Moss denies the rumors and is still smoking to seemingly prove her point, but this photo of her rubbing her “bump” does nothing to dispel the rumors. Strictly because she is still puffing away we hope that “bump” is just a food baby! (Daily Mail)
6. Jay Mohr is being mocked for adding his wife’s last name to his own. Um, yeah, we never heard of him either (he starred in Gary Unmarried and had roles in Jerry Maguire, Go and also put in appearances on Saturday Night Live) but his face is familiar. Jay got married to Las Vegas actress Nikki Cox two years ago, and just recently filed a petition to change his name to John (his birth name) Cox Mohr – as a 2nd anniversary present to his wife. How cool is that? Oh, according to such stand-up sources as TMZ and many blog commentators, it’s not cool at all – it’s “emasculating.” Sigh. Someday maybe the rest of the world will join us in the 21st Century. (Celebitchy)