Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Not so fast Madge! Though the Material Girl had high hopes for adopting yet another tiny tot from Malawian, this morning it was announced that the poor dear will just have to hold her horses. No official reason for the adoption delay has been disclosed, but the matter will be brought to the table once again in a court hearing on Friday. Doesn’t she have enough children as it is?? (AP)
2. Gwyneth Paltrow’s 100 percent organic cotton knickers are in a twist at the thought of Slumdog actress Freida Pinto snagging her sponsorship contract with Estee Launder.
“The news that Estee Lauder is in talks with Freida caught her by complete surprise. Losing the Estee Lauder deal would be a huge blow to Gwyneth,” a source told the Daily Mail. “She’s waiting for an exact outline of what Freida will be doing for the brand and hoping she won’t be sidelined.”
Hmmm we anticipate some goopy claws coming out… (Celebitchy)
3. Over the weekend ex-Spice Girl Victoria Beckham flew her three adorable boys to Wembley Stadium in London to watch their soccer stud father compete against Slovakia. Looking super comfy yet totally out of character,Victoria donned a pair of boyfriend jeans and flip-flops to the noteworthy event. We never thought we’d see the day when Miss Fussy Boots dressed down! (Daily Mail)
4. As if we needed further proof of his wishy washyness, John Mayer has gone on record to describe his beloved Twitter as being “inherently silly” and “inherently dumb.” Funny that, seeing as the maddening musician found time this morning to update his status! He “Just DJed til 7am” in case you were wondering. Fascinating. (Huffington Post)
5. Cougar Barbie in the making! Christina Aguilera’s leopard-print leotard was the talk of the town last night at Perez Hilton’s 31st b-day bash. The “Dirrty” singer even managed to surpass the birthday boy in the fashion department … we’re betting a snarky green-eyed blog post is soon to follow. (OSOYOU.com)