Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Golden boy Michael Phelps was dropped by Kelloggs and slapped with a three-month competition suspension, but today he can rest easy for criminal charges will not be pressed against him. According to the South Carolina sheriff, there wasn’t enough evidence as Phelps never confessed to smoking marijuana, plus he wasn’t physically caught in the act. The Olympic swimmer got off easy this time — let’s hope this whole ordeal has made a lasting impression! (msnbc.com)
2. From Evan Rachel Wood, to Courtney Love, to a gorilla, to … a dude? Mickey Rourke clearly had tee many martoonies last night at Paris Hilton’s b-day bash. The aging actor was cracking gay jokes left and right before TMZ caught him in a compromising position – with a man. “I’m gonna kiss you all night long,” Rourke breathed into a random fan’s astonished face, whom he pulled from the swarm of onlookers. Check out the uber embaressing footage here. (TMZ)
3. Contrary to popular belief, singer Katy Perry is NOT gettin’ busy with rocker Benji Madden. The two currently-single friends partied at Lavo nightclub in Las Vegas on Valentine’s, and that alone sent the gossipmongers’ tongues wagging. But you know who Katy is interested in? Angelina’s hunny!
“I wonder if you can cash in frequent flyer miles for a boyfriend rather than just dinners and gift certificates for Starbucks?” She mused in a recent blog post. “How many miles for Brad Pitt, please?”
For reals, hey that’s valuable information ladies! (MTV.com)
4. Justin Timberlake and longtime girlfriend Jessica Biel are shacking up in the Big Apple. The two were spotted on Monday taking a stroll around their new neighborhood. “The apartment is great,” Justin’s mother Lynn told Us. “He’s loving it!” Sounds like the couple is getting one step closer to making things official. (Hollyscoop)
5. You know things are getting bad when even the Trumpster is feeling the pain of the recession. Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc has for bankruptcy protection. Tuesday’s filing marks the third dive into bankruptcy for the corporation. Take a hint guys, there are like five people left on the planet who are gambling away the remainder of their mula. (Yahoo! News)