Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. The 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards took place on Sunday evening. Kate Winslet, who collected two Golden Globes earlier this month, triumphed once again in the guild’s best supporting female actor category for her work in The Reader. Though not quite as emotional as her previous speech, she was obviously overwhelmed when she accepted her award.
“It is really an honor to be included in such a remarkable year and [to] be acknowledged by my peers in this way,” Winslet said. “I really feel like everybody should be given a medal,” she said, before adding: “I’m a little bit lost for words, I’m sorry.”
For the complete list of winners and losers, click here!
2. If you’re in the market for a hot new beau, Prince Harry and steady squeeze Chelsy Davy are officially kaput. The two have been living the good life for the past five years, but allegedly the Prince’s wandering eye got a bit out of hand. So he’s a fixer-upper, but a royally delicious one! (Bild.com)
3. Ironic much? CSI star Gerald McCullouch got a taste of real-life crime when he was recently attacked during an innocent ride on a New York subway. Though the assailant did not make use of the knife he was clinging to, he came close to snatching the actor’s laptop. McCullouch, who has boxing training, struck the man before police arrived and arrested the 39-year-old suspect. Criminals must be testing the forensic enthusiast’s skills, as he was also robbed at gunpoint eight years back. It’s enough to make a person change careers! (msnbc.com)
4. When asked if he would play Barack Obama in a movie, Will Smith said he’d be honored. He does have a knack for the tear-jerkers. Think he could pull it off? (Access Hollywood)
5. Kanye West, with the help of Marc Jacobs, designed five styles of tongue-in-the-front-and-back sneakers for the Louis Vuitton men’s shoe line. Owning over 400 pairs of sneakers himself, he brought passion to his vision. He said he was proud to collaborate with “the most important brand in fashion.” That’s quite the compliment for such an egotistical man. (People)