Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Though they were officially wed in an intimate civil ceremony on Valentine’s Day in Paris, Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault decided to pull out all the stops this weekend at the Teatro La Fenice opera house in Venice. Charlize Theron, Ashley Judd, and Penelope Cruz were among the 150 guests to serenade the couple with “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” Salma wore a wedding gown by Balenciaga while exchanging vows with Pinault, and later changed into a comfy fuchsia dress at the elegant reception. Tom and Gisele, Heidi and Spencer … guess two weddings is the new one wedding. (People)
2. Now we’re heard it all! Nadya Suleman aka Octomom(TM) is aiming to expand her family … yes, expand. The mother of 14 is heavily considering giving in to her older children’s wishes for a family pet, but not just any pet, a pig.
“For a couple of years, the kids have been asking for a dog,” Suleman told Radar Online. “I’ve actually been looking into a pig, like a little one.”
14 whippersnappers, a herd of nannies, and now a farm animal?? Well … at least it’s not another baby. (The Denver Post)
3. After meeting in Los Angeles last week with the first ladies of 15 African nations to discuss education, AIDS, and gender discrimination on their continent, Paris Hilton wants to “help shine a light on the struggles that Africa faces.” Um … okaaaay. First of all, why was the heiress invited to the Beverly Hills health summit — besides the obvious, aka a great photo op — and why is she suddenly taking an interest in issues that have been wreaking havoc for decades? Oops, we believe we answered our own question with the aforementioned media exposure. (Showbizspy.com)
4. Why aren’t we seeing more of this style these days? Katie Holmes looked absolutely radiant at the Independent Feature Project 30th Year Celebration in New York’s Noho neighborhood on Sunday, which she hosted. The actress sported an Alexander McQueen halter top with matching silk trousers. Her glowing completion was in stark contrast to how she’s looked of late – gaunt, pale, and utterly exhausted. Good to see the Dawson’s Creek beauty in better spirits! (Just Jared)
5. Jamie Lynn Spears‘ baby daddy Casey Aldridge was involved in a serious car crash yesterday morning that left him and two of his passengers with “moderate injuries.” Casey received the worst of it after his truck swerved off a road and into a ditch in Louisiana, which is when he attempted to backtrack onto the pavement, causing the vehicle to flip. He was charged with careless operation of a motor vehicle, and is currently recovering at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Though they didn’t appear to test him for drugs or alcohol, he was on his way home from a bachelor party. Um, we’re so sure it was a dry party. So, was crashing into a ditch a dare or something? (Celebitchy)