Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Tom Cruise reacted to Jett Travolta’s death yesterday on The View, and was clearly upset by the death of his friend’s child. A fellow famous scientologist, he also took the opportunity to defend the religion and set the record straight that Scientology doesn’t discourage medical treatment.
“That’s just not true,” he says. “They say, ‘Get your physical, get your medication, get your physical illnesses handled.'”
2. And the crtic’s choice is … Slumdog Millionaire. At last night’s Critics Choice Awards the film about a poor Indian teen who wins on the show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, took home top honors. Other winners included Sean Penn for Milk and Dark Knight for best action movie; best supporting actor went to Heath Ledger. While Brangelina didn’t win any awards, they were there in their full glory, getting many, many cut-away shots. (The Guardian)
3. Handy Manny and Pink hook up? The National Enquirer is reporting that the colorful crooner and Valderrama, ex of Lindsay Lohan and others, and the current voice of Disney’s Handy Manny, were reported to be throwing back drinks together and getting quite close in Vegas. We wonder if whatever happened in Vegas will stay in Vegas, or will be seeing more of the couple … (Gossip Rocks)
4. If you weren’t a fan of the Cosby Show you may not even know who Lisa Bonet is (and maybe that’s the point), but she and her (hot!) husband, Jason Momoa, recently welcomed a new daughter. Her given name (get ready) is: Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa. Flows so easily off the tip of the tongue, no? Of course, since Bonet changed her own name to Lilakoi Moon in 1995 at least they sort of sound like they’re related. (New York Daily News)
We feel for the girl, but whatev … the REAL name we’re anxiously awaiting to be announced is that of Violet Affleck’s little sister! C’mon Ben and Jen, spill!
5. Looking quite dapper these days – maybe even more so than his famous father – is Romeo Beckham. The couple who never seem to smile took their three adorable boys out to dinner in Milan last night, and the middle child turned more than a few heads with his pinstripe suit and suede loafers. You can bet your bottom dollar that in a couple of years little Romeo will be breaking hearts left and right! (Daily Mail)