Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. Jeremy Piven needs a pen for Christmas … apparently after stumping for Barack Obama, the president-elect left five phone numbers on Piven’s voicemail for the two to keep in touch. Well, technology prevailed and ERASED the top-secret digits; now Obama’s staff won’t put Piven through.
“Then when I called back to try to tell them, ‘Can I get Barack’s number? He left it for me.’ They didn’t believe me, and I now have nothing and I’ve been trying to find him,” Piven told Extra. (Celebitchy)
2. When you have a beauty queen of a bride, 10 million pairs of Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses and a fabulous new album what else is there? A bouncing baby boy! It has been reported that Usher and wife Tameka welcomed a son on Wednesday whose name is not currently known. Just last month the “Love in This Club” singer told Access Hollywood that having a child on the way was “one of the best Christmas gifts there is to have.” We think Tameka is off the hook Xmas present-wise this season! (People)
3. Remember when you were 16, picked up your learner’s permit and then jumped in your $40,000+ Porsche Cayenne? Oh wait, that’s MILEY CYRUS’ LIFE. The little good girl gone bad Hannah Montana princess is officially able to cruise the streets as of yesterday; should we be worried? As long as she doesn’t flash any unsuspecting Beverly Hills motorists she should be fine! (E! Online)
4. It was a bittersweet Thursday morning for Heath Ledger’s father, Kim, as it was announced that the late star earned a posthumous Golden Globe nod for his work as the Joker in The Dark Knight.
“This nomination is deeply appreciated and is not lost on those of us who continue to love and miss him,” the Australia-based papa expressed to People. “We are so proud our boy’s work is being recognized in this way.”
Ledger will soon compete for Best Supporting Actor alongside Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. for their roles in Tropic Thunder, Philip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt, and Ralph Fiennes for his work in The Duchess. If you have yet to see The Dark Knight I suggest you run as fast as your legs can carry you all the way to Blockbuster! (People)
5. For just about the first time ever in celebrity lawsuit history, a star collects a hefty $30,000 in libel damages and puts the money towards a worthy cause. That’s right, hottie Josh Hartnett of Pearl Harbor fame was recently the victim of a false sex story printed in The Daily Mirror, and besides having to extend an apology the publication was forced to cough up 20,000 pounds. Cha-CHING for charity! (TMZ)
6. Kylie Minogue made a little girl cry … but not because she was being mean. The Australian superstar brought 11-year-old Alana Quartly up on stage at the launch of her fragrance Sexy Darling — and sang a duet with the thrilled girl, who cried from the excitement and emotion of it all. It’s really the sweetest thing — watch for yourself: (Daily Mail)