“Vestri Wake Up My Love” Cake
Wake up your lover and share the unique flavor of a Vestri Cioccolato.
-Created by Susana Levi for Vestri Chocolates, vestri.it
1 Bar 2.6 ounce Vestri Massa Pura chocolate, hand chopped
4 Bars 10.4 ounces Vestri Aliseo Blend, hand chopped
2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
12 oz. unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cranberries
Fresh strawberries to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350? F.
2. Grease well a deep-sided cake pan with removable bottom or a spring form pan (preferably in a heart shape).
3. In a food processor, grind chocolate, sugar, and espresso until fine. Pour the boiling water into the feed tube in a slow stream to melt the chocolate.
4. Scrape the sides down with a spatula; add the butter and process for 20 seconds, or until well blended. Add the vanilla and eggs, and process until smooth. Fold in the cranberries.
5. Pour batter into the pan and bake until the center is set, approximately 50 minutes. Set the cake on a rack and allow to cool completely.
6. Place on a serving platter. Design a row of fresh strawberries around the perimeter of the cake.
Have fun cutting your cake with this Table Saw Cake Knife from perpetualkid.com.
Find more dessert recipes in BettyConfidential’s Recipe File.